Pages

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Week 4




Four weeks is where I started getting comfortable.  I've finally figured out what two of his different cries mean (hooting and honking when he's hungry, near screaming when dirty.) 

When Mayhem was first born I was so worried about much bigger and un-baby he'd be when we got to this point.  He's still little and squishy and cuddley-- I'm pretty happy about it although it is fun watching him grow. 

I felt mildly successful one night this week when I went to bed (before midnight!) with the sink clean, dishwasher going, load of clothes drying, and two loads folded.  I say "mildly" because there were at least two more loads of dirty clothes and the house was is still in dire need of vacuuming.  Probably more than once. 

One night, in a sleep-deprived state, changing a dirty diaper I smelled a new smell.  Not poopy, or baby pee, it smelled kind of yeasty......like bread? 

"What did I eat?!"  I think I might have said it outloud. 

Several diaper changes later, for some reason, I smelled the wipe (clean!) in my hand.  It smelled like bread.  Who makes wipes that smell like bread?  And why didn't I smell it when I opened the new package?  Weirdness.

Something I've learned in four weeks, something I haven't read anywhere in any book or been told by anybody that says they love me-- afternoon appointments!  In my years of only being responsible for bathing, feeding, dressing myself I always liked morning appointments because the rest of my day was still free.  Not anymore. 

Afternoon appointments are where it's at now because it takes the whole dang day just to get ready and get out of the house.  Why did none of you tell me this?  (Are ya'll laughing at me?)

No comments: