Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I'm cooking again.
And including lots of very bad pictures.
Here we go!

Heat broiler.
Combine 1 pound ground lamb or ground beef with 1/4 cup finely chopped apricots, 1/2 teaspoon coriander, half of a small red onion, finely chopped......


That's where the pictures start.
I'm so not good at chopping and the onion went e v e r y w h e r e ! !


Everywhere!
(I have one of those chopper things, why haven't I used it?)


Here's the ground beef, chopped apricots, and coriander just chilling out.
Literally, chilling out.
I forgot to thaw the meat, again!



Same stuff as above, plus onions, salt (Kosher, of course!) and black pepper.

Form into balls and broil until cooked.


Are they done yet?


Are they done NOW?


Squeeze the crap juice out of one lemon to barely get enough juice for 3 tablespoons.
Vow that the whole lemon squashing process is too arduous and that next time you'll just buy the juice.



Mix lemon juice with 3 tablespoons EVOO, and more salt and pepper.


Oh, yeah.
1 cup couscous plus 1 cup hot water.
(Couscous smells like play-doh to me.)
Let the water and couscous (I swear, it looks like grits!) sit for five minutes, covered.
Then fluff with a fork.


Chop two plum tomatoes (the key to not squashing the guts out of your tomatoes is a very sharp knife), 1/2 English cucumber (what's the difference between American and English?  I just used whatever theTargets had.), mix dressing vigorously, fluff couscous again, and try not to eat all the Feta.
I LOVE feta!!!
Feta and me......what can I say?
I like cheese!
Boots, please don't shake your head at me like that!!




When your meatballs are finally cooked, arrange them prettily with all your stuff in the previous picture.
Enjoy!
Oh, and......cue camera batteries to go dead right when you're ready to take a picture of the finished product.
Yay.

No comments: